Here are some inspiring quotes and thought-provoking questions to help you think about your goals, dreams and ambitions, to help you regain your independence. They are not a substitute for confronting difficult emotions in a proper course of therapy, but if you feel a bit adrift, need a push or just want to be inspired then these questions might help you regain the independent life you seek.
Write down a brief summary of your problem and answer these questions.
1) If this problem disappeared overnight, what would be the first thing you noticed tomorrow morning that would let you know things had improved?
2) If we meet in six months’ time and your problem has been resolved, what would you tell me had happened?
3) What would be the smallest step that you could take today in the direction of the solution?
4) Even if you have no idea how to solve your problem, If you were to solve this problem how would you do it?
5) Imagine there’s a happiness scale which goes from 1 to 10, with 1 being low and 10 being high, pick a number which reflects how happy are you right now?
6) If you feel you have a very low number, what small step can you take today that would push you up the happiness scale?
7) if none of the questions helped you what would?
You may now like to try writing a Gratitude Letter or filling in the Happy Gratitude Diary. You can find a copy of each in The Happy Resource Kit